We received this email.
From: Carrie McLaren@stayfree.org
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 9:36 PM
Subject: my logo
Hello, I'm sorry for being a killjoy, but would you mind removing my STAYFREE logo from your web page? (news/gonzales.html) It's the logo to my magazine....obviously you should feel free to use the words stay free if you want - i certainly don't own them — but using it as the logo like this makes it look like the elian channel is part of stay free.
(and NOT the site, which has no connection whatsoever, nor could you possibly think of any connection in your mind, for any reason, especially not having read the above email, www.stayfree.com)
...but don't even think about using our logo.
Dear friends, believe me when I tell you a difficult choice lay ahead, but I was able to narrow it down to these nine options.I wonder what we should do about it. What should we do?
- Remove it and apologize
- Remove it and don't apologize
- Remove it and tell them they’re lame
- Remove it and e-pologize
- Don’t remove it and don't apologize
- Don’t remove it but do apologize
- Don’t remove it and tell them they’re lame
- Steal more of their images, until my hard drive is full
- Ask them if they could make me two more for another page on the site, one in red and one in purple